Matt and I got our exercise in yesterday by shooting some hoops in a gym nearby for about 10-20 minutes and then went to the gym to walk/run on the treadmill while watching the rest of the Rose Bowl game. Easy, fun AND got some TV watching in while doing something active instead of sitting on the couch with chips and a beer :) It did feel good to reflect afterward and enjoy the choice we made.
Here are some ways to get in your 15 minutes each day this week:
- Throw in some squats in the morning while brushing your teeth
- Take the stairs at work instead of the elevator
- Go on a walk during your break at lunch
- Bike to or from work if you are close
- Walk your dog or take an after dinner walk with your family
- Alternate crunches, squats and wall push-ups during commercials if you are watching your favorite show. You will be surprised at how many you can get in!
- Find an exercise bike on E-bay or Craiglist to put by your TV
- Stop by the gym for a short circuit workout
- Dance party by yourself or with your kids :) Rock the iPod!
- Do calf raises while doing the dishes or prepping dinner